dimanche 10 février 2013

Homemade With Love




Homemade With Love 

If you're strapped for cash, why not consider something a little more heartfelt and personalized? Homemade gifts are a unique and creative way to show your partner that you really "get" them. You can incorporate their hobbies and interests in ways that a purchased gift never could. Below are some great ideas for handmade gifts from other LYC readers to help get your "creative juices" going.

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

My girlfriend and I were at different colleges, so I didn't get to see her except on holidays. For our anniversary, I wrote her a note. At the top I put, "Some people say a picture is worth a thousand words. I can't take a picture with you... so guess what?" Under that, I wrote out how much I loved her and missed her using exactly a thousand words. I put the note in a picture frame and sent it to her in the mail. She loved it!
--submitted by Untouchable

A Story About Us

I did this for my guy, and it was truly enlightening! It always helps if you have some theme, for example: you have gone to the snow together. You make a collage of pictures, notes, emails, etc. Then write a story (through captions) about the theme. It really shows how much the time together meant, and it's creative! You can even make a storybook from a collection of pictures or memoirs you have saved.
--submitted by Rami

Paper Flower Bouquet

While my partner is very dedicated to our new "buying a house" budget, I know that she misses the bouquets of flowers that I have always spoiled her with. So instead, I have been learning how to fold all different kinds of paper flowers from instructions that I found on the net. The first time I had a bouquet of the paper flowers sent to her she was blown-away. Now she looks forward to receiving the paper flowers as much as she did the real things.
--submitted by Anonymous

Breakfast in Bed Tray

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost five years now, so I wanted to do something extra special for this Valentine's Day. Every year I make breakfast for him, but this year I decided to add something new. I went to the local craft store and bought a wooden breakfast tray. I painted it his favorite color and put different things that we had done together in the bottom. I poured glue over the bottom to seal up the pictures, so I could serve on it without ruining the mementos. I wrote special memories around the edge and a special message on the bottom. It only cost ten dollars to make and the memories will last forever!
--submitted by LMR

Build Your Own Lamp

I didn't have very much money to spend on a birthday present for my girlfriend, but I really wanted to show her I care about her. She loves the movie Monsters Inc., and she calls me "Her Kitty." With that in mind, I bought a talking stuffed figure of the character from the movie and a do-it-yourself lamp kit. I cut a little hole in the back of the stuffed animal, slid a metal stand rod and wires under its back, with the light and lampshade just above his head. I pulled it low and glued his hand to it, so it looked like he was looking out from underneath the lamp shade, like a scene from the movie. She was so surprised that she started crying, and to this day the girls at her work still remember me as the guy who made the cutest lamp for his girlfriend.
--submitted by Kenny

I Love You T-Shirt

For a cute cheap idea, buy a plain white t-shirt, and then get a bunch of permanent markers and washable markers. Come up with a bunch of reasons why you love this person. Write I LOVE YOU with a red permanent in the middle or on the top left side. Then write all of the reasons why or what you love about someone. Give it to them and tell them to wash it. When they wash it, all of the things you love about them will wash away, but the I love you will always be forever. Give them the markers and let them return the favor.
--submitted by Tweeky

Personalized Memories Frame

My husband and I have been together for three years. For a gift, I bought a $1.00 picture frame. I took things that represented our relationship and glued them all around the frame. For example: a nail (because he is a roofer), a butterfly (because I like them) and so on. In the frame, I put a picture of us together. It is a very inexpensive, personal gift that was fun to make. He keeps it on his desk and says it reminds him of all the good things in our marriage.
--submitted by Alexandria

Quotes And Love Letter Pillow

My boyfriend loves pillows and cuddles with them when I'm not around. I had a great idea. I went to Wal-Mart (you can also go to any place that sells fabric) and bought a pillow. Then I bought a bunch of fabric leftovers that they sell really cheap. I also got a fabric pen and some pretty ribbon. I cut out squares and on each one, I wrote why I loved him, lyrics and poems that reminded me of him, and other sweet things like that. I sewed it all together, trimming it with the ribbon. On the front, I sewed a heart pocket on and put a letter in it. I slept with the pillow for a couple of nights so it would smell like me and I gave it to him. It's his favorite pillow and he sleeps with it at all times. Plus, he didn't realize I was so creative!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire